• Most Wanted

Nonferrous Metal Permits Info.

According to South Carolina law, a person transporting nonferrous metals in a vehicle other than a vehicle used in the ordinary course of business for transporting nonferrous metals must have a bill of sale in hand or present a valid transportation permit number as provided by the Sheriff's Office. (For more details, click the following link SC Code 16-11-523)

Per SC Law no more temporary 48 hour permits. Permits are no longer issued over the phone. Applicant must come to the Sheriff's office with ID and vehical information and receive permit with photo attached. If you have any further questions, please contact us at the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office: (803) 313-2108.